Hello glorious Sunday!
I’ve listened to a plethora of different music this week. One of my discoveries was this guy, scottish singer songwriter Paolo Nutini. Brew yourself a morning coffee, turn this up and gently ease into your Sunday.
209 has her cottage doors and windows open. There is light flooding in and a whisper of a breeze is bringing a chilled freshness into our little home. The music of choice this weekend is from my latest singer/songwriter crush. James Bay. I love his words and think his quirky ways are divine. My favourite songs on his new album is Best Fake Smile and Need the Sun to Break. Also love an artist who can nail a live performance like he did at the Brit
Music is a big part of our lives here at 209. Right now I’m listening to Ed Sheeran’s albums ‘Loose Change’ and ‘Songs I wrote with Amy’. They were part of his ‘5’ album series found on iTunes.
Here’s my favourite. A song for a chicken and his love – bless.
Grab the albums and fall in love too.
The girls had friends stay for a sleepover last night. Dress ups, movies, tacos, music and dancing. This morning it was pancakes and more music.
Music is a big part of our everyday. Our cottage is never completely silent. We always have music playing if nothing else.
Here’s our favourite song for the week. The kids and I can’t get over who sings it. Not who we imagined at all.
Enjoy your Saturday everyone. See you tomorrow! XO
PS | please excuse the creative chaos in the background. Working on that this weekend. 😉
DON’T FORGET ABOUT MY GIVEAWAY!
Firstly, admittedly and importantly…I have a new musical obsession – Angus and Julia Stone. And I adore their song writing. I love that they are brother and sister and that their band and support team are mainly made up of their family members. I love that they are quirky and original and real.
It’s my birthday next month. I bought me, myself and I a ticket to their concert here in Newcastle. I’m counting down the days. I crave live music.
Here is a video of a live recording of the song Just a Boy. Angus. Sigh. This scruffy, bearded, guitar playing man makes my knees go weak. Hey? I’m just a girl.
I used the lyrics of this song, Just a Boy, as the focus for my art journal page this week. I love listening to the lyrics of a song and surprisingly the lyrics to a song is one thing I can remember. Go figure. I guess it’s because I love the written word.
My art journal page is very basic. I glued down then gesso’d the old novel pages to the journal (the pages are from an old, falling-apart Jane Austin novel, Emma. A favourite of mine). I then sprayed a little Mister Huey, Sugar Plum and Seafoam, to parts of the page and gently worked the colour into the gesso. Impatiently I dried the page with my heat gun. (If you’re just starting out in the world of art journaling you absolutely, no questions asked, need a heat gun. It speeds up the entire process.) I then wrote the words with an Artline black pen and embroidered #justwords. Wishing that just and words was a little closer together but hey – whatever. Stepping back and thinking that it needed a little more colour I added a strong coloured pink watercolour boarder. I have since gone back and date stamped todays date in the bottom right hand corner. My pages don’t seem finished with out the date stamped somewhere. It’s that repressed, obsessed chronological mind in me…
My ‘every week on a Thursday art journaling posts’ are inspired by the creative vixens below.
Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjourna
- Lauren (Lauren-Likes / Instagram)
- Caylee (Caylee Grey / Instagram)
- Sabine (Moments to Live For / Instagram)
- Olya (Paint Paper Studio / Instagram)
- Andrea (Create Share Love / Instagram)
- Sophie (Dear Sophie / Instagram)
- Vanessa (Vanessa Documented / Instagram)
- Sharon (Instagram)
- Mary (Uncustomary / Instagram)
- Vanessa (Dans Mon Crâne / Instagram)
- Erin (Title in Progress)
- Helena (The Queen of Collage)
- Julie (Pinterest)
- Kellie (Give a Girl a Blog / Instagram)
- Sarah M (Lila Loves / Instagram)
- AshleyNicole (Pinecone Grove / Instagram)
- Maria (Analog Paper / Instagram)
- Jossie (Craft a Lot / Instagram)
- Tanyalee (The Drawing Board / Instagram)
- Violetta (erosdiscordia / Instagram)
- Stephanie (Type Shy / Instagram)
- Michelle (Busy Weekends / Instagram)
- Gracie (Instagram)
- Cindy (Serious Play / Instagram)
- Florence (Live Life and Create / Instagram)
- Delaney (Delaney Paige / Instagram)
- Jennifer (Instagram)
- Jacqueline (Within My Lens / Instagram)
- Carson (Pine & Plum / Instagram)
- Jodie (Polka Dot Creative / Instagram) YOU ARE HERE!
- Melissa (The Purl Stitch / Instagram)
- Megan (Just Breathe / Instagram)
- Kara (Instagram)
- Hannah (Hues of Grace / Instagram)
- Sarah S (Tidbits, Tales & Tea / Instagram)
- Sarinah (bambii & dott / Instagram)
- Nina (Nina is a Paper Nerd / Instagram)
- Cody (Catching Cody K / Instagram)
Bombs away!!!! Sheppard’s new album is out. I have it and it’s been on repeat in our little cottage.
So in love with this Australian band. It’s rare to hear an album and get a kick out the entire song list.
The last album I heard that ticked all the boxes was Ed Sheeran’s X. Bomb’s Away is another.