At the end of each month the Get Messy Art Journal Challenge team get a prompt set by one of the members. I’d been thinking about the prompt a lot this month, especially after loosing our Pa a couple of weeks ago. I have so much to be grateful for.
Journaling Challenge: Gratitude. What are you grateful for? What aspects of your life are you thankful for, that you might be overlooking while being busy?
Stay patient and trust your journey.
So much of my life is fluid right now. I try and keep moving forward. I believe that is the secret. Don’t stop. Keep going. I have a fear that if I do stop I won’t get started again. Kind of like a shark caught in a net. I need to keep moving. I need to continually be inspired. I need to keeping pushing.
Many new creative doors and opportunities have opened after I decided to take my brush script work a little more seriously and over the last couple of months I have connected with some beautiful, creative and colourful minds all over the world. One opportunity that has come my way is getting involved with the Get Messy art journal challenge.
Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.
Each Thursday we will all be sharing our art journal pages and linking up with the other crafty vixens.
I decided to plan a cocktail party. Little black dresses. Twinkle lights. Handmade invitations. Cocktails and champagne.
I will be sharing my art journal pages (along with everything else I create) on Instagram. You can find me at @polkadotcreative. You can find the Get Messy art journal challenge participates under the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.
Other creatives taking part in the Get Messy art journaling challenge are:
- Lauren (Lauren-Likes / Instagram)
- Caylee (Caylee Grey / Instagram)
- Sabine (Moments to Live For / Instagram)
- Olya (Paint Paper Studio / Instagram)
- Andrea (Create Share Love / Instagram)
- Sophie (Dear Sophie / Instagram)
- Vanessa (Vanessa Documented / Instagram)
- Sharon (Instagram)
- Mary (Uncustomary / Instagram)
- Vanessa (Dans Mon Crâne / Instagram)
- Erin (Title in Progress)
- Helena (The Queen of Collage)
- Julie (Pinterest)
- Kellie (Give a Girl a Blog / Instagram)
- Sarah (Lila Loves / Instagram)
- AshleyNicole (Pinecone Grove / Instagram)
- Maria (Analog Paper / Instagram)
- Jossie (Craft a Lot / Instagram)
- Tanyalee (The Drawing Board / Instagram)
- Violetta (erosdiscordia / Instagram)
- Stephanie (Type Shy / Instagram)
- Michelle (Busy Weekends / Instagram)
- Gracie (Instagram)
- Cindy (Serious Play / Instagram)
- Florence (Live Life and Create / Instagram)
- Delaney (Delaney Paige / Instagram)
Pop on over to their links and check out their inspirational work. Better still, get involved!