Orange Essential Oil. The oil of abundance. Create. Rejuvenate. Restore.
Unleash your creative spirit. Rejuvenate your skin and inner being. Restore energy and support your mood. Orange essential oil is an effective and valuable addition to your natural health care bag of tricks. Orange essential oil is another example of Mother Earth’s perfection. Here is why you need to keep a bottle of Orange essential oil with you at all times.
Orange essential oil is one of our most popular essential oils. It is cold pressed from the rind. We source it from the Dominican Republic. Orange essential oil is high in monoterpenes and d-limonene which simply means that this essential oil is an effective immune system, cellular and mood support when threats are high. And it is an enhancer to other essential oils making it perfect to blend with others. My favourite oil to blend with Orange is Peppermint. We diffuse this combo in our little abode in the afternoon when we all need a bit of a pick-me-up in order to get through that homework routine. My energy low time it bang on 3pm, right as the afternoon routine is kicking off. This Orange and Peppermint combo supports me through this time.
Properties of Orange essential oil include antidepressant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, digestive, sedative, tonic.
Uses: We use this oil aromatically, topically and internally for physical and emotional support.
WARNING: Citrus oils are photosensitive. This means that when citrus oils are applied to the skin and then the skin is exposed to the sun the risk of being burnt increases. For this reason AVOID using citrus oils on exposed skin during the the day.
Aroma and your sense of smell is the fastest way to your brain. Chemical molecules in the air are detected by the olefactory bulbs in your nose and send a message directly to the limbic area of your brain. This is where your mood, memories and feelings are housed. Setting an intention, which will become a memory, while smelling an essential oil is a powerful tool for supporting your mood. Orange oil is known to have an inspiring and uplifting effect whilst also being calming to the mind and body. Quite simply, open up your bottle of Orange oil and inhale to begin feeling the positive effects.
1. Emotional Support & Respiratory System Support. Orange essential oil has been found to calm and soothe emotions. Physically this can help clear the airways (great for immune support while flying) and it can have a decongesting effect. How? Place a drop of essential oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub your hands together. Cup your hands over your face and inhale deeply.
2. Diffuse. Diffusing Orange oil will cleanse the air in your space, especially useful when our homes are closed during cooler months. Diffusing this oil also supports our immune system, so diffuse when feeling under the weather but also when you’re feeling well in order to maintain that wellness. Like I mentioned earlier, diffuse with Peppermint essential oil to further help with focus during work, study time and/or homework time. Diffuse with Lemon, which is also an awesome oil that promotes focus, to increase the anti pathogenic properties.
3. Creativity & Abundance. Orange essential oil is known as the ‘Oil of Abundance’. Diffuse or use cupping technique mentioned when you’re looking for inspiration and energy.
“At it’s core, Orange teaches the true meaning of abundance. It encourages individuals to let go of scarcity mindsets with all of their manifestations, including: fear, nervousness, inflexibility, workaholism, lack of humor and the belief that there is not enough. Orange reminds the soul of the limitless supply found in nature. Fruit tress, like orange, give freely to all in need.”
“Orange also assists an individual’s natural creative sense. It inspires limitless solutions for problems and issues. One never needs to fear. Orange invites the individual to completely let go as a child does and to live from their authentic Self. In our authenticity, we are abundance.”
Emotions and Essential oils A Modern Resource for Healing.
Using essential oils topically allows the oils to travel into your blood stream within 30 seconds to a minute. In that time the oils have serviced every single cell in your body! Get some carrier oil and put some Orange oil on. We like to use Fractionated Coconut Oil, it absorbs well and doesn’t leave a greasy film.
4. Baby Stomach Discomfort. Place a drop or two in some carrier oil (Fractionated Coconut Oil works great) and massage over a childs/baby’s tummy to help with discomfort. This can also be done for an adult with ’sluggish’ digestion.
5. Immune System Boost. Orange essential oil has powerful antibacterial properties so placing two drops in some carrier oil and massaging under the feet will provide a boost to the immune system and it will have a gentle detoxing effect.
6. Clean naturally! Make a simple Multipurpose Cleaner. You’ll need…
- a glass spray bottle which you can buy from Aroma Tools
- 1 cup distilled water
- 20 drops Orange essential oil.
Add all your ingredients into the glass bottle. Remember to shake the bottle each time you use it. And that is it! You have a completely natural food grade Multipurpose cleaner that is cheap, easy to make and that is SAFE! You can add other oils to this, Lemon, our On Guard blend, Eucalyptus or Melaleuca (Tea Tree).
7. Skin Support. Oranges are known to provide us with vitamin C which can be a beneficial skin support. It can help with skin discolouration, promote brighter looking skin. Orange also helps with sun spots due to the essential oils antiseptic properties. Add a drop to your serum and/or moisturiser.
Always remember that essential oils are not all equal. I DO NOT recommend the same usage practices with any brand other than doTERRA. And when using our essential oils always be mindful. Their purity does make them effective but also very powerful.
8. Morning digestive wake up. Place 1 drop go Orange essential oil in some warm water for your morning alkalising, digestive wake up drink. Drinking Orange essential oil will also support your digestive function. The citrus oils are cold pressed from the rind. The essential oil has powerful antiseptic and tonic properties for a daily immune boost. My favourite essential oil for this is Lemon however Stella and Scarlett (ages 9 and 11) prefer Orange.
9. Mouth. Place a drop of Orange essential oil in enough water so that you can gargle/swish around your mouth and gums. Gargling Orange essential oil will provide general support for your mouth. The antiseptic properties will provide protective support for your gums, teeth, lips and breath and naturally.
10. Food. Add Orange oil to your salad dressing! 1 -2 drops in your smoothie and to chocolately treats like Bliss Balls. Using the essential oils in raw food preparation will maintain all their therapeutic benefits. The kids won’t even know how good it is for them. They will just think it all tastes a bit like Jaffa.
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup vinegar of your choice
1 teaspoon english mustard
3-6 drops orange essential oil
1 drop oregano essential oil
Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Method: Throw it all together in a cute glass jar and shake it up. You can chill it in the fridge or use it right away.
What do you do next? Get yourself a bottle of Orange essential oil. Open it up to experience all the goodness and magic that is available from this natural gift from Mother Earth.
Is that all? No way!! There is a whole lot more you can do with Orange essential oil. Are you feeling inspired to learn more about essential oils, natural health care and/or joining our inspired oily tribe? Yes. Then reach out by emailing me at email@example.com.
If you want to start straight away, you can also go ahead and order yourself some essential oils HERE. The most cost effective way is to order your essential oils is wholesale, just like me. All you need in order to do this is a Wholesale Account. Click Join/Shop tab, select your language and country where products will be shipped. Continue to follow the prompts and remember to select ‘Wholesale Account’.
Our most popular kit is the ‘Home Essentials’ kit. It gives you the top 10 essential oils in 15ml size with a diffuser to start your natural health journey with me.
If at any stage you are unsure, simply stop and get in contact with me and I will walk you through it all.
**These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration or the Therapeutic Goods Association. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.**