Lavender. Sleep. Help! And More.
There are lots of fabulous blends out there. But don’t forget about the basic, pure, single oils. Lavender. Each night I reach for this bottle of calming goodness to quieten my whirring mind so that I can drift off to sleep. And every night, without fail, it helps me.
Before I lay me down to sleep I do the rounds with my Sleep Blend, applying it to my four babes feet. It’s become a lovely little ritual in our home. Who doesn’t love their feet massaged at the end of the day.
Add 20 drops of Lavender to a 60ml glass spray bottle. Topped it up with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
Add a 5 drops of Frankincense if your little ones need an extra nudge to calm.
If you, like me, tried Lavender in your youth and, like me, experienced headaches I urge you to give this particular Lavender a go. It’s mild, it’s subtle and it’s 100% pure. No synthetics added. Sourced from the fields of France through our co-impact sourcing effort.
More uses of Lavender here at 209.
- To soothe our sun kissed skin we use our After Sun Spray. The Lavender soothes the pain. The Peppermint cools. And the Frankincense offers cellular repair.
- My teenager uses Lavender to calm his oily t-section breakouts thanks (not) to the poor kids rapidly changing hormones. He applies it directly onto his troubled spots. Less is more.
- My babes and I apply Lavender straight onto any mossie bites and ant bites.
- We also have a Wound Spray which Lavender is a component of. We reach for this spray when one of us experiences a bump, bruise, scratch, cut, scrape.
- Burns. I’m not the best in the kitchen. Clumsy. Oven burns are treated with a quick drop of Lavender applied to the hurt area. It soothes, relieves redness and eases swelling.
- Aids in the repair of dry or chapped lips. I’m doing this now. The change of season is taking it’s toll on my lips. Again, less is more.
Looking for Emotional Support?
In the Emotions & Essential Oils book by Daniel McDonald, Lavender is known as the Oil of Communication.
Needless to say, Lavender is definitely a go-to oil here at 209. And it’s inexpensive. If you’d like to know where you can get a bottle reach out by emailing me at email@example.com