After Sun Blend.
I love summer. But I respect the sun, immensely. It’s a powerful force that can cause deathly damage to the beautiful skin on our bodies.
We have a massive pump pack of 50+ sunscreen that sits next to our microwave in our kitchen and we use it every single morning before we step out of our little home. Rain, hail or shine. Living in the harsh climate of Australia sunscreen is a daily necessity.
My four babes and I LOVE the outdoors and, in particular, the beach. We throw our towels in the car and head off to the beautiful beaches that we are so fortunate to live near any chance we get. We have our routine of a quick escape down to a science so that if we can fit in a swim we are able to take advantage of the opportunity.
In December, we had spent the day in our little cottage garden giving it a big ol’ tidy up and so I had already had an entire day in the sun. I had put sunscreen on that morning, but as we raced out the door to get to the beach I had forgotten to reapply. I had splashed protective 50+ on the kids but forgot about me. It’s not the first time. And I paid for it. My back. It hurt.
I can’t remember being this burnt before. And gosh I was embarrassed. Embarrassed to have been so neglectful of my own health especially in front of my babes who I constantly preach to about the importance of sunscreen. Yep, this little mama had lost all credibility…darn it! lol
At the time I had only just began using essential oils. My friend Margie of Vitality Oils had posted this After Sun Blend on her blog. I had purchased the Essential Collection Kit to get me started on my oils journey when I enrolled with doTERRA. This kit had all the essential oils I needed to make up the blend. My back was stinging and really hot to touch. I was in pain so without hesitating I made up the After Sun Blend.
In a 60ml glass spray bottle I added:
10 drops of Lavender – to soothe and assist with discomfort (it worked, thank goodness)
10 drops of Peppermint – to cool the burning sensation (it worked, sigh…sweet relief)
10 drops of Frankincense – an important addition for cellular renewal and to reduce inflammation (it worked, my skin didn’t peel the sheets of skin I thought I would, rather just a light, dusty lift, still yuk but it could have been a heck of a lot worse).
Fill the bottle with Fractionated Coconut Oil to dilute.
Application: Shake the bottle before each use to distribute the oils. Spray on your hands and apply for spray directly onto the affected area and gently work into the skin. If the affected area is too painful, like my back was, just spray directly onto the area and let the blend be absorbed naturally.
Use the blend every 2 hours for the first 12-24 hours. Then as needed. We continue to use this After Sun Blend whenever we have a day in the sun, even if we aren’t sunburnt. The Lavender and Frank soothes and rejuvenates our skin and the diluted Peppermint gives our skin that beautiful light fresh tingle. Glorious.
If you want to know more about the blend and the essential oils used the blend and/or how to get some so you too can have this blend handy email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below. I’m in love with these oils and their natural therapeutic benefits so reach out. I’d love to share with you.
If you’d like to know more about these fun and fabulous essential oils that have become part of our everyday lives reach out by emailing me: email@example.com
Excited and want to begin right now and, like me, buy the essential oils WHOLESALE saving 25% on your little bottles of goodness and accessories including diffusers?
Simply visit my doTERRA site and create your own wholesale account under the Join and Save tab. Step by step instructions to help you through this process are below. If you have questions don’t hesitate to contact me.
Setting up your WHOLESALE ACCOUNT.
1) Visit my little doTERRA website here.
2) Go to the Join & Save tab.
3) Select English as your preferred language (of course) and Australia which is where you want your products sent from so you only pay local postage prices.
4) Next screen is Enrolment Order. Keep the option as Local (OTG) Order so your goodies are posted from an Aussie warehouse.
5) Next screen is Select How You Would Like to Purchase Products. Keep the option as Wholesale Prices.
6) Next screen is About You. Enter all your personal information (don’t worry about the ABN at this stage. That is needed only if you intend creating a business account). Enter your shipping address and contact information. In the section of Please enter your sponsor ID my name and sponsor ID 2355945 should automatically appear. Choose your password and change the Time Zone to Australia NSW, Victoria. Click the ‘I agree’ box for the Online Terms and Conditions and continue.
Your wholesale account has been set up. Next step…
Placing an Order.
1) Now you get to choose what you would like to order. If you enroll with an Enrolment Kit the $35 membership fee is waived. I began with the cheaper enrolment kit called Essential Collection Kit. It has all the basics. There is a larger kit called Home Essentials Kit which includes the diffuser. It’s totally up to you what Enrolment Kit you choose. The cheaper option, the Essentials Collection, will be more than enough to get started.
2) You will need to add a bottle of the Fractionated Coconut Oil to your order. You will find this under Essential Oils Accessories. I use this a lot to dilute the essential oils that I use topically (on the skin). The coconut oils makes the oils go further and is handy for diluting the oils for sensitive skin. Using Fractionated Coconut Oil also helps the essential oils absorb faster into the body.
3) So by now you’ve chosen you Enrolment Kit and added it to your cart as well as adding the Fractionated Coconut Oil. Add anything else you fancy now. Remember what I said – lean into this. If you’ve chosen the Essential Collection Kit and the Fractionated Coconut Oil you will have more than enough to begin with. Don’t get heaps of product to start with and run the risk of getting overwhelmed. Unless of course you desperately want to. J
4) Now it’s time to enter your credit card details and finalise this part of the process.
Are you interested in accumulating points each month which can be redeemed as free product? Simply join the Loyalty Rewards Program (LRP) and commit to placing an order of 50 points per month, approximately $60 per month.
Setting Up Your doTERRA Loyalty Rewards Program.
Here’s how you set up your Loyalty Rewards Program or LRP.
1) Once your order has gone through you will be asked if you want to set up your Loyalty Rewards Program (LRP). Click YES.
2) You will be asked to choose a date for when your orders is to be shipped monthly. Go ahead and choose a date that is preferably within the first fortnight of next month. I have chosen my date as the 14th of each month. This can be changed at any time but for now go the 14th.
3) Now add a few things to your cart that you think you might need or want. Your credit card will not be charged for the items that you are now adding until the date you have chosen for your products to ship next month. The products that you add to your cart at this point can be changed at any time right up until 24 hours prior to the date that you have chosen. I will explain this on the phone before next month as it can be a bit confusing.
The aim each month is to get the products adding up to a PV of 50 or more so that you continue to earn points. If you reach 125PV you will receive a free product of the month. Each month the free product of the month is different.
If you have any questions what so ever you call me. But if you can’t reach me and can’t wait call the doTERRA Member Services on 02 8015 5080. They are incredibly lovely and helpful. I use them a lot.
Welcome to doTERRA and the Wellness Naturally team!
And congratulations on answering your curiosity and finding out more information and ways to bring natural wellness into your life. I absolutely love sharing and educating people on the benefits of these magical brown bottles of goodness to people just like you who are open and willing to learn more. The health benefits are literally life changing. I know you will love them.
There is also the opportunity for you to create a business for yourself just as I have done. I feel very privileged and grateful to have the opportunity to continue to be a stay-at-home-mum whilst earning an income. It’s empowering and I believe it’s setting a good example to my babes to see me getting out there, earning a living from doing something that whole heartedly believe in and that I’m so passionate about. Keep that in the back of your mind as people around you see the benefits that these essential oils are bringing into your own life. Even if you don’t want to create your own business you can still encourage people to create their own wholesale account just as you have done so that they too can gain the natural benefits of these oils at wholesale prices. Give them YOUR membership ID and/or direct them to YOUR doTERRA website. You can contact me anytime if you want to chat about this or anything else that you’ve read in this note.
In the meantime…
… I’ll let you go and process all of this information. If it all gets too hard and overwhelming just stop, breathe and call me. Lean into this experience. Enjoy it. I am always here to help you out. 0423 222 143.
I’m excited for you my love. For the added wellness these essential oils will bring you and yours.
I shall speak to you soon.