One Little Word, 2015.
Oh yes. I’m starting yet ANOTHER project. BUT in my defence, this one is not just a creative project. It is also one that will encourage and nurture my little soul.
My One Little Word for 2015 is strength.
I began thinking about my word for 2015 back in November last year and had chosen simplify. I was telling a friend of mine about the One Little Word concept over a coffee in December. He loved the idea so much that he is embarking on this journey too. After telling my friend the word I had chosen he made the observation that simplifying my life had actually been my focus in 2014. Thinking about it he was right. Thinking even more about it I realised that I had to find another word.
Last week, as I was chatting to my family about my goals, dreams and plans for 2015 they made the comment that I would need to stay strong mentally and physically in order to achieve it all. BOOM! There was my word. It had actually found me.
By definition | STRENGTH, the quality or state of being strong, in particular physical power and energy. Emotional or mental qualities necessary in dealing with situations or events that are distressing or difficult. The degree of intensity of a feeling or belief. STRENGTH, a good or beneficial quality or attribute of a person or thing.
Bringing those meanings closer to me and into my life – I want:
1) the physical and mental strength to be not just a good Mum but a GREAT Mum to my four beautiful babes. I’m it for these guys when it comes to love, nurture and care on a ‘everyday, day-to-day’ basis. Henry starts kindergarten this year so all four will be at school. All four are growing up – 5 years, 8 years, almost 10 years and almost 12 years and all four have very different, amazing personalities. All kids are wonderful but parenthood comes with it’s challenges. I need strength to conquer all that comes my way. To continue to be there for them constantly and consistently.
2) to continue having this inner strength I possess that allows me to enjoy and be grateful for my life and to maintain this feeling of optimism, contentment and happiness that I have right here and now.
3) to give strength and be there more for my family and friends. To nurture the people and the relationships that I am so lucky to have. I also want the strength to take on new friendships and relationships, the strength to trust again and not be afraid.
4) the strength to continue to expand and grow my creative business. I want the strength not only to come up with the plans and concepts but then to also have the strength to physically follow through with those ideas and plans throughout 2015 and beyond.
5) the strength to deal with on-going issues and challenges that are the result of my separation. I’m determined to sustain the strength that I have and that I need to get us through another year.
6) to become stronger physically. I want to return to my love of running. I was a good runner. I love long distance running. A few years ago I ran a 1/2 marathon in Jordan in the Middle East. 2 hours 2 minutes. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life! I want the physical and mental strength and energy to do that again. I want to feel physically strong.
Yes. I want a lot. Hence why I need STRENGTH.
With strength, optimism and determination I know I can do it.
One Little Word is a concept created by Ali Edwards and Ali explains it as about pinpointing one guiding principle and then walking with that word throughout the year.