Why doTERRA + How Do You Begin?
doTERRA essential oils are safe, effective and affordable. In short, fabulous! In this post I will take you through why, how you can use the essential oils and how you can begin your natural health care journey with my guidance and support.
Safe // There is no governing body when it comes to essential oils. Anybody can grab a cute little brown bottle, add only 10% of essential oil with a filler to fill up the bottle, pop it on a shelf and call that product 100% pure. Dangerous! Especially when you are wanting to take the oils internally. doTERRA have established a standard of purity with each batch of oil going through internal and multiple third party external tests for absolute purity. If it isn’t pure the batch is thrown out by doTERRA – no questions asked. doTERRA essential oils are literally the purist oils in the world.
Effective // Essential oils are pure plant extracts that are 50-70% more effective than herbs. 1 drop of Peppermint essential oil is the equivalent to 28 cups of Peppermint tea. The essential oils are natures defense mechanism for plants helping the plant to fight threats such as fungus, viruses, mold, and bacteria. Plants are organic matter, we are organic matter. It’s a ‘like with like’ situation. Our bodies use these amazing gifts from mama nature just like the plants do. Because of their small molecular structure essential oils are small enough to pass through the cell membrane enabling them to address any threats, not just outside the cell, but also inside the cell. Very, very few synthetic remedies can do this which is why the oils are so effective.
Affordable // This is because of their purity, their potency and their effectiveness. One drop is all that is needed to address a concern. Your natural remedies are at home ready for you to use proactively as well as reactively. Myself and my four babes ranging from ages 7 – 13 years haven’t been to the doctors within the last 12 months. (Except for my PAP smear, unfortunately there isn’t an oil for that…) I’m saving money reducing the need to visit the doctor, fill prescriptions. I have also completely eliminated all chemical based cleaning products in our little abode with the use of essential oils. Another massive saving.
The essential oils can be used in three ways.
Internally // The essential oils can be added to your water, dropped under your tongue, or put into a veggie capsule. Nourishing for the entire body including the digestive system, mouth and throat, liver, and urogenital tract. When in doubt about what oils you can take internally just go by the rule that if the plant is food based, like Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Ginger, Coriander then you are safe to take the essential oil internally at the recommended amounts. I will point out though that when I speak about the essential oils being taken internally I only refer to doTERRA essential oils as they are 100% pure.
Topically // A really powerful way to use the oils. One drop of essential oil can service every cell in your body. When applied to the bottoms of your feet the essential oils will enter your blood stream within 30 seconds meaning you will feel immediate results. My favourite places to apply the oils topically include the bottoms of my feet, on the boney parts behind my ears, on the back of my neck, or directly on the area of concern. Because of their purity and potency always use caution when you are applying the essential oils topically especially around the eye area. Keep out of the eyes, never pop drops in the ears or up the nose. We recommend you using a carrier oil such as Fractionated Coconut Oil when applying the oils topically especially when applying them on sensitive skin, on young children or on the elderly.
Aromatically // Inhaling or diffusing essential oils has the power to effect mood. A wonderful way to reach many people in the room and those that aren’t completely open to experiencing the benefits of the oils. Diffusing the oils purifies the air, eases breathing and enhances mood. If you are out and about and you don’t have a diffuser handy dropping a drop of essential oil onto your hand, gently rubbing your hands together, cupping your hands over your nose and mouth and taking deep, gentle breaths through your nose will give amazing benefits. This is called the cupping technique. The aroma is carried by the nifty little olfactory bulb receptors straight to the limbic system of your brain. This limbic system is where all our memories are created and kept and is a direct link to our emotions and stress levels. Again, powerful.
So where do you begin?
The oils I recommend you beginning with are the top 10 most popular essential oils to use. Here are just a few uses of each oil. There are so, so many different uses for each. The information below barely scratches the surface…
- Peppermint – respiratory and digestive discomfort, increases alertness and focus (has replaced my 3pm coffee), motion sickness, cools the body.
- Lavender – soothing and calming. A great sleep and relaxing aid for all ages. Natures analgesic and antihistamine. Handy for ant bites, mossy bites. Beautifully nourishing for the skin.
- Lemon – soothes an irritated throat, a couple of drops in your water to start to detox your system first thing in the morning naturally breaking down the petrochemicals in your body gently. A must have in your multipurpose spray to naturally clean your home. A gentle mood elevator and when diffused Lemon neutralises odors.
- Frankincense – king of oils. Ultimate anti-inflammatory and cellular repairer. Beautifully nourishing for the blood and brain. Fabulous for focus, concentration and mental clarity. Fabulous for the skin including scarring (I’m working on some stretch marks that my pregnancies “gifted” me and sun spots). Great for reducing the inflammation in joints. An oil that you can blend with others to enhance their therapeutic benefits.
- Tea Tree – Great for wounds. Also a powerful cleaning aid being antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-fungal. Handy for drying up troublesome spots on the face, nourishing for the skin including sores and rashes.
- Oregano – natures antibiotic. Amazing immune for support. Excellent for addressing warts. Scrumptious in a spaghetti bol or salad dressing. Less is more though whenever using oregano as it is a very potent oil. Very spicy and hot on the skin. Definitely one to dilute.
And the blends…
- Ice Blue – nourishing the muscles and joints. Apply to arms and legs before and/or after exercise and apply to tired and aching joints.
- Easy Air – the respiratory blend. Nourishing for the lungs and amazing for the sinuses. Diffuse at night to promote a healthy and restful sleeping. Apply on the chest and back over the lungs for respiratory relief.
- Digest Zen – the digestive blend. Eases digestive discomfort, eases motion sickness and nausea. Can be applied directly onto the stomach or taken internally with water. Great to take whilst eating if you know digestive discomfort will occur.
- On Guard – for total immune support. Use proactively to protect against the seasonal threats. Contains Clove oil which is a powerful anti-oxidant. Can be added to your multipurpose spray to kill any mold. Diffuse in the home or work place to proactively ward off any germs.
How do you get them?
You can buy what you want, when you want at retail prices through my doTERRA website or you can purchase them exactly like I do by setting up your own Wholesale Membership for $35. The benefits of the Wholesale Membership is that you:
- purchase the oils at 25% off retail prices.
- you can purchase what you want, when you want, through your very own doTERRA website. Your orders are posted directly to you from our Australian based office.
- you are not locked into any monthly purchases, there is no minimal mostly requirement to buy. It’s purely as needed/wanted basis. There is the option of joining our free oil program called the Loyalty Rewards Program where you can earn points which you have the option of redeeming for free product. That’s something that we can chat about if you are interested in the future.
- you get me – my support and guidance. We can meet regularly if required and you can freely ask questions when the need arises. I have Facebook pages, a website and jump on line on a regular basis holding on line webinars and group chats. My business is global. Distance is not a limiting factor anymore thanks to technology.
The Wholesale Membership fee is $35 is waived if you purchase one of the enrolment kits.
The top 10 essential oils and blends that I mentioned above are available in two kits.
1) Our most popular kit, the Home Essentials Kit. This is the one I started with. The essential oils and blends come in 15ml bottles (except the Ice Blue which always comes in a 5ml bottle). This kit is fabulous because it comes with a diffuser so you are ready to begin your journey aromatically, internally and topically. $330. The $35 membership is waived when enrolling with this enrolment kit.
2) Our second most popular kit is the Essential Collection Kit which comes with all of the top 10 oils in 5ml bottles. The Essential Collection Kit doesn’t include a diffuser but does come with a free 15ml of Slim and Sassy which is our metabolic blend. This kit is $174. If you did prefer the small kit you could always purchase a diffuser separately for $55 within your wholesale membership. There are many options available. The $35 membership is waived when enrolling with this enrolment kit.
I know there is a lot of information included here but there is a lot to tell. Whatever way you choose to start is up to you. We can chat about the options available to you. If you are keen to get started below is a step-by-step walking you through the process of creating your own Wholesale Membership.
If at any point you get stuck or overwhelmed just pick up the phone and call me. 0423 222 143. Or send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). I’m here to help.
Looking forward to hearing from you with any queries.
SETTING UP YOUR WHOLESALE MEMBERSHIP.
1) Visit my little doTERRA website by clicking on this link https://www.mydoterra.com/jodieyork/ – / or by copying and pasting the link into your browser.
2) Select English as your preferred language and Australia so you only pay local postage prices.
3) Next screen is Enrolment Order. Keep the option as Local (OTG) Order so your goodies are posted from an Aussie warehouse. Or if you are joining me from overseas then select the country appropriate to your location.
4) Next screen is Select How You Would Like to Purchase Products. Keep the option as Wholesale Prices – NOT Preferred Customer. This is the overall lowest product cost (25% off retail) and smartest way to buy your oils.
5) Next screen is About You. Enter all your personal information (don’t worry about the ABN at this stage unless you are interested in creating your very own business just as I have done). Enter your shipping address and contact information. In the section of Please enter your sponsor ID my name and sponsor ID 2355945 should automatically appear. Choose your password and change the Time Zone to the zone that is appropriate for you. Click the ‘I agree’ box for the Online Terms and Conditions and continue.
Your Wholesale Membership has been set up. Next step…
PLACING AN ORDER.
1) Now you get to choose what you would like to order. If you enroll with an Enrolment Kit the $35 membership fee is waived. Our most popular enrolment kit is the Home Essentials Kit which includes the top ten essential oils and blends and a diffuser. There is also the Essential Collection Kit which includes the same top ten essential oils and blends however it does not come with a diffuser and the bottles are 5ml only. It’s totally up to you what Enrolment Kit you choose.
2) I recommend adding a bottle of the Fractionated Coconut Oil to your order. You will find this under Essential Oils Accessories. I use this a lot to dilute the essential oils that I use topically (on the skin). The Fractionated Coconut Oil is handy for diluting the oils for use on sensitive skin. Using Fractionated Coconut Oil as a carrier oil also helps the essential oils absorb faster into the body.
3) So by now you’ve chosen you Enrolment Kit and added it to your cart as well as adding the Fractionated Coconut Oil. Add anything else you fancy now. Remember what I said – lean into this. If you’ve chosen an enrolment kit and the Fractionated Coconut Oil you will have more than enough to begin with. Don’t get a lot of product to start with and run the risk of getting overwhelmed. Unless of course you desperately want to. If you do get additional product let me know so that I can send you more information on what you have purchased and how to use it all so that you will be ready to go when your order arrives.
4) Now it’s time to enter your credit card details and finalise this part of the process.
Are you interested in accumulating points each month which can be redeemed as free product? Simply join the Loyalty Rewards Program (LRP) and commit to placing an order of 50 points (PV) per month, approximately $60 per month. If you’d like to set up your LRP continue reading and follow the step by step set up instructions. If not, you are done honey. You will receive an email from doTERRA almost immediately and a Welcome Letter from me asap. Xxx
SETTING UP YOUR LOYALTY REWARDS PROGRAM (LRP).
Here’s how you set up your Loyalty Rewards Program or LRP.
1) Once your order has gone through you will be asked if you want to set up your Loyalty Rewards Program (LRP). Click YES.
2) You will be asked to choose a date for when your orders is to be shipped monthly. Go ahead and choose a date that is preferably within the first fortnight of next month. I have chosen my date as the 14th of each month. This can be changed at any time but for now go the 14th.
3) Now add a few things to your cart that you think you might need or want. Your credit card will not be charged for the items that you are now adding until the date you have chosen for your products to ship next month. The products that you add to your cart at this point can be changed at any time right up until 24 hours prior to the date that you have chosen. I will explain this on the phone before next month as it can be a bit confusing.
The aim each month is to get the products adding up to a point value or PV of 50 or more so that you continue to earn points. If you reach 125PV you will receive a free product of the month. Each month the free product of the month is different.
If you have any questions what so ever call me. But if you can’t reach me and can’t wait call the doTERRA Member Services on 02 8015 5080. They are incredibly lovely and helpful. I use them a lot.
I’m excited for you my love. For the added wellness these essential oils will bring you and yours.
I shall speak to you soon.
Below are links to my sites and social media platforms. Feel free to pop in anytime:
Phone: 0423 222 143 call or text
Facebook Page: Wellness Naturally with Jodie York
Facebook Closed Group: The Wellness Naturally Collective